Invisalign® In Mankato
Orthodontia That Will Keep You Smiling
Do you dream about having a smile full of sparkling, straight teeth, but you just can’t imagine yourself wearing traditional metal braces? You’ve probably invested in a professional, mature image, and you shouldn’t have to look like a teenager to straighten your teeth. We agree. Now we can make your dreams come true.
Invisalign®, an orthodontic treatment approved by the FDA, is the virtually invisible method to straighten your teeth without conventional metal braces. With Invisalign®, a custom-molded set of transparent, removable aligners will progressively reposition your teeth. You can simply remove the aligners before eating, brushing, flossing, or special occasions. This technology is more comfortable and convenient that traditional braces. Patients do not experience the mouth abrasions caused by metal and wires, and Invisalign® aligners are easy to clean. Adjustment appointments aren’t necessary, either.
How does Invisalign® work? First, we use 3-D computer imaging to design a comprehensive treatment plan. This allows you to preview the final positioning of your teeth before you start treatment. Yes, you will see your future smile before treatment begins.
Then a lab will create a series of aligners to reposition your teeth over one to two years. You’ll change aligners every two weeks until your smile is straight and beautiful. Typically, you will visit us every six weeks for progress reports.
Transparent, removable, no-hassle orthodontia – now that should put a smile on your face!
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign®
The cost of Invisalign® in Mankato varies from person to person. When you visit us for your consultation, we will be able to provide you with a price estimate, and we will help you explore your payment options. In many cases, the cost of Invisalign® is in the same general ballpark as that of traditional metal braces.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Invisalign®
The cost of Invisalign® depends on numerous factors, including:
- The number of aligners needed. This depends on the extent of your dental misalignment, whether you are straightening one arch or both, and whether you need any replacement aligners along the way.
- The complexity of your case. Some types of dental misalignment require special accessories to correct, which can add to the overall cost of treatment. For example, certain cases of malocclusion (bad bite) require buttons or elastics to promote proper jaw alignment.
- Compliance with treatment. Missteps in using your aligners may slow down your treatment and add to your overall cost.
Invisalign® vs. Mail-Order Aligners — Which Is the Better Value?
In recent years, mail-order clear aligners have become increasingly popular. That is understandable; many of these treatments cost around $2,000 for start to finish care, while Invisalign® in Mankato typically costs significantly more than that.
Before you commit to a mail-order treatment, though, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- You will not get in-person support. If you have any questions or concerns about your treatment, it may be a hassle to get the help you need. With Invisalign®, you have easy access to a local team who is eager to make your treatment a success.
- Mistakes can happen. Some mail-order clear aligners ask you to take your own dental impressions. Even a small mistake while doing so could affect your treatment’s outcome and lead to the need for expensive corrective care in the future.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign®?
Invisalign® in Mankato is not covered by most dental insurance plans. However, if your policy has a lifetime orthodontic maximum, it may be possible to use it for your aligners. Our practice is in-Network with Delta, and we can file out-of-network claims in most cases. We will be happy to help you navigate your benefits.
If your policy does not apply to Invisalign®, you may be able to use your flexible spending account (FSA) or healthcare savings account (HSA) to reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
Options for Making Invisalign® Affordable
As your Invisalign® dentist in Mankato, we offer a few provisions that may make it easier for you to afford your treatment:
- Financing. We accept both CareCredit and Lending Club. Applying for credit through these companies is fast, and most patients are approved for a payment plan.
- Kalina Cares. This discount program can reduce your fees for most of the services that we offer.
Would you like to learn more about Invisalign® and its cost? Our team is ready to answer your questions. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.